Thursday, February 28, 2008

thursday afternoon walk

we headed back to the paths, towards ward's pond.

a beautiful sky to admire while we waited to cross the jamaica way.



we took our time, carver checking out everything under the fresh layer of snow.


it seems like on every walk, I see something I have never noticed before, like this lone birch among the oaks and maples.


carver and I played a good game of tug with a huge branch.


guess who won!


yum, sticks!


I cant seem to stop taking pictures of the pond. there is something about the spring light on the icy surface that keeps drawing me in.


I love to watch carver run more than anything. it is not just his mobility, but his exuberance, his curiosity and enthusiasm, you can see his happiness in the turn of his tail.



tonight I begin a meditation retreat which will run through sunday. It is local, so I will be home at night. I have not really done much of anything without carver since his diagnosis, other than go to work. e & I have gone out to dinner a few times, but other than that, we have pretty much always been with him. I feel super conflicted about going. I know that it will be good for me, but truly I do not want to leave. I want to stay right here, cozy on the couch with c by my side.

on a different note, today is my dad's birthday. Dad never got to meet carver, but I think they would have loved each other.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

such gorgeous pics and fun writing! it's a great blog! I like the one of him going off into the woods...and the one where he's got the big branch in his mouth. I think you should have a GREAT time at your retreat and NOT worry or feel guilty--Mom! E will take good care of him, she'll wear him out proper! You've done a fantastic job, he's doing well, now relax!! : )
tracy