Tuesday, February 19, 2008

I was not expecting to take up jogging

when carver had his leg amputated, but he had me running today-carv was all energy and inspiration tonight when i got home, we had a fun walk around daisy field, him running practically the whole time, pausing to rest every so often. I am amazed at his stamina and his excitement at being outside. i hate tuesdays because I get home later than usual. anyway, after yesterday's strange walk at the pond, i am deeply relieved to see him happy and ready to go. a big one year old puppy jumped on carver yesterday and he (carver) cried out-I am wondering if maybe he was hurt , and that was reason for his lack of enthusiasm. it is a big guessing game these days, one that I find incredibly stressful-I am in constant fear of making the wrong decision and not getting him what he needs. I know that this is the perfect opportunity to learn how to be really present-meditation in action-and to take it moment by moment, but basically I am failing miserably at this. I seem to be able to let everything go on our walks, unless of course, carver seems different on the walk. even this blog seems like a distraction at times.

No comments: