Monday, February 11, 2008

monday update!

a neighborhood walk today, covering old territory. It is incredibly chilly today, and windy, but carver and I managed to stay out for 45 minute, although I am sure he would have stayed out longer, but my fingers were numb, and I needed time to tidy up before the arrival of the acupuncturist.

carver vomited foamy yellow liquid this morning on our walk, just a little bit, but of course it is worrisome. i spoke to a vet tech, who said she did not think it was the deramaxx since he has been on it for so long, but to be sure to keep him off of it. we made an appointment to have his blood work done tonight at 7pm.

the worrying is tough. I tend to worry about the little things, then get totally shut down about the big things. I have been trying not to live in worry, but basically it, it being carver's cancer, is always on the back of my mind, ready to leap out with worry and sadness and fear. Thank god I have level headed E, who is amazing at celebrating all that is good, and right on the horn when it is time to take some action.

Just spoke to dr. w, who said a single episode of vomiting is not something to worry about, but that it would not hurt to take him off the deramaxx until the blood work comes back. he also said that the yellow was just probably bile. This sounds so benign coming from his voice, but to me, its OMG! BILE!

carver ate 1 can wellness beef this am, with pain meds & cheese. another can of wellness turkey this afternoon. still no interest in the kibble, despite that I doused it with beef broth.

acupuncture treatment at 5 pm. Janice placed needles all along carvers spine and hips, and one in his shoulder. it amazes me how he just rests, and lets her work. she is an amazing person, very gentle and kind. she has a 14 year old dog herself!

No comments: