Sunday, February 24, 2008

peter's hill after the storm

Saturday afternoon e, carver and I went for a 2 hour walk in the arboretum, at peter's hill.



the arboretum looked like a confection, everything covered in a glossy thick blanket of snow.
It was the first Saturday afternoon e had off in a long while. We were so happy to have her home with us!
Peter's hill was filled with sledders and dogs, including this brand new puppy that carver took a liking to. That puppy never stops moving!



I used to be obsessed with puppies. I still like them, but ever since carver turned 10 or so, my heart has a bigger softer spot for the seniors. I like those old dogs.

much to e's delight, and my dismay, carver insisted on spending the whole walk chest high in the snow. I know he was having a good time, but I could not stop fretting about his muscles and worrying that he would hurt himself. I hate being such a worry wort all the time. I am really trying to relax more, but these past 6 weeks or so has taken its toll on my adrenal system. thank goodness we have e to remind me to have fun and to let carver have fun. she keeps the big picture in mind, while being totally present. if it were not for her, poor carver would probably be strapped with shin pads and a helmet and walked only in a padded room.

carver did tucker himself out, and enjoyed taking breaks lying in the snow.



one of the best moments of the walk is that we got to see the witch hazel in bloom. This along with the beautiful light filled our hearts with the truth that spring is on its way!!



big thanks to e for taking these beautiful pictures of our walk, and for helping me document this precious time we have with carver. She truly is a gifted photographer. But you don't take my word for it-check out the link to her flickr page there on the right-there are many amazing pictures, even ones without carver!

No comments: