Sunday, February 24, 2008

sunday update

carver did end up sore today-on our first short walk he only wanted to lie in a snow bank, which of course had me fretting. he also had digestive problems, and I ended up opting out of plans to see Richard III with e and some friends. Carver did need to go out a couple of times, so I am glad I was home for him, but I still feel sad about missing it, and mostly for having to cancel last minute. I know I am worrying too much, so it has become hard to gage when it is appropriate to worry, and when I am just acting crazy. I end up feeling pretty chicken little. I am going on a 4 day meditation retreat at the end of the week, which I am hoping will help me work with all of this in a better way. The retreat is local, so I will come home at the end of the day-I am not ready to leave carver over night! I am not sure if I ever will be.

We just came back from a 30 minute walk around the neighborhood, where we ran into carver's friend mandy and her folks, which was really nice, we have not seen them in a while. I like to show carver off, I have to admit. I feel proud of him, and I like it when he gets to see friends and receive some pats. he was slow on the walk, although we only had one lying down in the snow episode, and that was when I was chatting. I feel a little better, especially now that we are home, carver lazing on the couch.

No comments: