Saturday, February 2, 2008

another milestone walk

the cart assembled, tires filled up at the gas station, I put on carver's new ruff wear harness and headed outside. here he is looking handsome. he was really excited to go out!




I did manage to get him into the cart, but he was stressed, and basically hopped out the front. a neighbor stopped by to see if he could help, but I decided I did not want to lose carver's enthusiasm for the day,so we headed out for a walk. carver was great! when we headed up castleton, he started to gallop up the street.

he marked his territory a lot, even kicking his hind legs the way he used to afterwards. we ran into many dog friends, molly, moo moo, jake, and a couple of grey hounds. he slowed down at the top of our road-it must have taken us a half an hour to get down the street. I think i over did it, but all in all, it was very cheery to be out in the sunshine.

It was time for carver's snack and deramaxx. i made a bowl of cottage cheese, and decided to start him on the salmon oil. I snipped the capsule with scissors and managed to spray fish oil in my eyes, despite my wearing glasses. i smell like a captain marden's delivery person. then carver refused to eat it. he did accept a bowl of cottage cheese mixed with jack cheese, then his pill. now we are both happy to be home, and I am excited to take him with e to the arboretum tomorrow. way to go carver!

more pictures to come when blogger stops freaking out and will upload them!

No comments: