Tuesday, February 19, 2008

carver health update

carver's digestion issues have finally cleared up. everything has been normal since last thursday, which has been a big relief. He was healthy on the trip, although he seemed congested, and has been eating & drinking well. My new concern is that he is panting a lot-I am back to guess work. It could be the remainder of a bug he had, he could be panting because of pain-which brings me to the question of whether or not I should try & put him back on the deramaxx-we do not know if it was that that made him sick or not-or do we try another anti inflammatory? I gave him some tramadol in case he is in pain, but that can CAUSE panting. or is he panting because the cancer has already spread to his lungs? this is always at the back of my mind.
carver slept with me all night on a futon in my study. it was so cozy, like when he was a puppy. I woke up on only a corner of the bed, carvers legs stretched out wide and long, his back pushed up against me.

No comments: