Saturday, February 2, 2008

morning update

carver was hesitant to walk today. we went up parkton road a bit, then back down. it was slow, the only thing motivating him was crusty old snow or garbage on the street. we ran into neighbor n and his boxer ellie. I remember his elderly boxer sadie, and his slow walks with her. when i told him about carver, the day we were taking carver home after surgery, n gave me a huge hug of relief. he is so great! n said he would bake carver some treats this weekend and bring them over. I have really been blown away by everyone's kindness over these past few weeks. everyone at work asks me how he is doing every day, with interest. yesterday was such a sleepy day. today is sunny and fresh outside. I am committed to putting the cart together and trying to get carver up to the pond to lift his spirits and give him some motivation.

carver did get up to eat his breakfast-1 can wellness beef, some new kibble w/immune blend and some beef broth. also some beef broth in water-I want to see him drink more!
I will now give him his tramadol (about 8 am)

No comments: