Wednesday, February 13, 2008

test update

there is nothing more worrisome than a sick dog. I realized that if anything is at all out of the ordinary my mind jumps to cancer. this morning I had myself convinved the cancer had already spread to his stomach. carver vomited again this morning, on our walk. the blood test results came back with slightly elevated kidney levels. I just got off the phone with dr. w. he explained that, although elevated, they are still within normal range, and that his liver levels, which he would be more concerned with on a nsaid, are perfect. he said to keep him off the deramaxx and see how arthritis wise he does. in the meantime, I will keep an eye on him and see if his stomach gets any better. if he is still vomiting tomorrow, we will bring him in for more tests. I hope he is o.k., and it is just a bug, or something he ate at the arboretum.

too slushy outside for a walk, carver went into the yards and peed a couple of times-he climbed up the stairs himself, happy to get out of this lousy weather .I have to go back into it for a doctor's appointment. it is pouring a cold rain after a snow storm-the streets are flooded with a cold slush. blach. carver ate a can of wellness beef (before dr. w told me I should feed him in small amounts!) no meds at all today. he is cozy on the couch-I wish I could join him.

No comments: