Monday, February 25, 2008

monday at wards pond

Mondays seem to be our wards pond days.
It is our favorite weekday walk-woodsy but close to home.

carver at the entrance to the woods


it was a spectacular day-warm, sunny with a blue blue sky and beautiful springy light.


off in the distance we saw a woman with a pack of dogs.


we have seen her before, but today was the first day we ever had a chat. her name is peggy and she has 6 dogs. Peggy is incredibly nice. we had a great talk, and carver and the dogs had a wonderful time checking each other out.





after p & I parted ways, carver and I continued on to wards pond.

we discovered a small grove of beech trees we had never noticed before.


we listened to a spring time robin sing its spring time song


did I mention the light?


and how it reflected off the ice on the pond?


carver had a rest in a thick bed of snow-his new favorite activity


another glorious walk!

4 comments:

westie_servant said...

Beautiful photos on your blog and Carver is wonderful. I have a neighbor with a Tripawd. His blog is http://herespuddinhead.blogspot.com/
if you want to check it out. I also have a co-worker whose Corgi just had the same exact cancer and operation. He's doing well. We've been searching around for other dogs in this situation and found Carver.
Janet

louise said...

thanks for commenting janet! I loved the puddinhead blog-I love the tripawds! good luck to your co-worker and her corgi-let her know she can email me anytime if I can be of help!
louise

David Mueller said...

Louise and Carver - what a wonderful Blog you have. I am so glad to see more and more stories showing up on the internet, it really helps people to find information when they are facing these types of issues! Hi Janet :)
David
BTW - about three or four pages in on your blog, there is a beautiful Great Dane ... what kind is it (never seen that kind of coloring/markings before on a dane)

louise said...

I wish I knew! he was a puppy we met at the park-he is only about 9 months in the photo-a very sweet pup.

(and thanks so much for reading & your nice compliments!)