Sunday, March 2, 2008

weekend update

well, I made it through 1/3 of my retreat-thursday evening and all day friday. but carver had me up in the middle of the night, vomiting, then vomiting again the saturday morning. my heart filled with worry, I decided to let go of the rest of the class. I want to say it was a tough decision, but when I get filled up with worry, I cannot think of anything else. I could not imagine sitting on a cushion all day, wondering how he was doing. meditation in the most simple of circumstances is difficult enough!

Now that I am on the other side of the weekend, I cannot imagine how I would have been away from carver for 4 days-it was ambitious to say the least. How could I have missed our excellent trips to the arboretum with e! twice in one weekend!

here is c & e in the bright sunlight


we are all at the main gate, waiting for our friend k, and her dogs.
e went to take some pictures and carver decided to have a rest in the snow while we waited.



they finally arrived!


one of the best parts of the walks was when we saw a red tailed hawk hunting over the marsh.

more pictures of the walk to come!

The vomiting seemed to clear itself up, he has been doing well digestive wise. But I have been noticing he has been groaning quite a bit lately, especially when he switches positions while lying down. He also seemed slower on the walks then before, with a lot of breaks to rest.


I put him back on deramaxx last night-I will call Dr. W today to let him know, and to see when we should have more blood work done. I hope this slowing down is just his joints, and that the meds will take care of it. I have also been giving him tramadol once a day-I might up this as well until he is comfortable.

No comments: