Thursday, March 6, 2008

bed rest

a much cheerier day today. carver and i took a short walk this morning, up and down the street. he pooped twice and peed, and I left for working feeling very relieved. another short walk this afternoon, another poop and several territory marking pees. he is on a full coarse of tramadol, every 8 hours, and deramaxx once a day. carver's spirits are way up-right now the only complaints are that he cannot jump on the sofa. he keeps looking at me and crying. when I went to lay down with him on the ground he hopped up and tried to steal my open place on the couch! sneaky pup! so now we are home, trying to have fun and bed rest at the same time.

first he licked this raw hide for awhile

he has not been able to figure out how to get a grip on it with his missing leg. carver always used his front paws like hands-proof he is a very enlightened dog.

then one of the cats walked by...

some hard stares and growling. those cats!

then his focused turned on me..

what are you doing with that black box again?

he has finally settled down a bit on his bed, accepting that today will not be a couch or long walk day. of course, I t kills me not to give him what he wants-he wants so little, I love snuggling on the couch-I want him to be happy! but i will remain strong- I want that foot in top notch shape!

No comments: