Monday, March 10, 2008

acupuncture monday



carver as made a remarkable recovery from last weeks days of stiffness. yesterday we had amazing walks at daisy field, little pond paths, and then later at the arboretum. carver ran, climbed hills, sniffed everything-it was a glorious walk. today we had a very good hour long walk to jamaica pond, where the light and sun shouted SPRING but the wind screamed louder WINTER! despite the cold, it is a blessing to have the snow be gone, and to already have the ground firmed up and ready to grow things.

janice came by today and gave carver acupuncture. carver stayed very alert this time, interested in everything she was doing. she found a spot that he really likes to have pressure on, where the sacrum and the spine meet, and she showed me how to do it. when she put pressure there, carver would press back into it, then collapse into a restful heap. I am glad to have something I can do for him, other than give his derramax. speaking of which carver is now off tramadol-I began to wean him off if it when his walking approved. he takes the deramaxx in the morning now, after I could not remember if I had given it to him yesterday.

tomorrow carver is going to be walked by our dog walker friend for the first time since christmas (and the surgery). she had mentioned to e that she missed walking c, and that she could accommodate his new walking needs. the nice nice offer came at the perfect time-my work really needs me to work a couple nights, and I desperately need the money-all of my short days and time off has caught up with me, and I am living very close to the edge, money wise. needless to say, I do not feel ready to cut the apron strings, I like being home with him every afternoon, and I like being the one to care for him. tomorrow will be tough, but good I hope.

No comments: