Wednesday, January 30, 2008

wednesday

another day full of uncertainty! Carver didn't wag when I came home, so my heart filled with despair. I tried to get all P.E teacher on him and say O.K. Carver, lets go for a walk in a loud enthusiastic voice. he did get up, although he seems stiffer today, and a bit slower. we had a smooth time going down the stairs, then walked across the street. carver's obsession with eating snow continues, but all that is left is dirty crusty ice chips, like a snow cone dropped on the ground, and I am conflicted about stopping him-i want him to get fluids, but this? I made the mistake of heading up the jamaica way towards the pond, dog mecca, and when I tried to turn around he just stood there. we ran into our dog walker friend c who had two dogs that carver has walked with. carver was very excited to see the dogs-all tails wagging and sniffing for everyone. it was sad to watch carver watching the dogs as they headed off to their walk. I finally got him home, it felt like and endless road, although it was only the length of 2 triple deckers, and we went inside. carver ate a full can of wellness beef on his own from his bowl, and was that the sound of the lapping of plain old water that I heard? then he actually came into the kitchen looking for a treat! I gave him his derramax and a cookie, which he brought back to the living room, a very good sign of normalcy. I called the vet again, and was told dr. w would listen my voice mail and would get back to me.

No comments: