Sunday, January 20, 2008

545 p.m. sun 1/20

e kept an eye on carver so I could go for a walk. it felt strange to be out in the world after so many days just sitting on the couch, tending to the dog. I ended up walking the aisles of cvs, wondering if I needed anything. then off to city feed to buy provisions for the coming days when e will be at work-cereal, cream for coffee, cocoa pudding ice cream, peanut butter.

when I got home, I gave carver 1/2 a can of wellness duck for dinner. then he got up on his own, walked around a bit. I took him outside. he is his stubborn self once we get out-only wanting to go where he feels like, not budging when I try to lead the way. he finally peed, and we headed in.

I'm using just the towel instead of the sling, which seems to somehow be easier. definitely softer.

carver got his pain meds at 545 in cottage cheese which worked really well.

oh, and I changed his t shirt to an old one from the five seasons. he is sitting in the living room now. I am so impressed with how easily he gets up on his own now!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is a very inspirational blog. It sounds like the initial trauma is starting to subside for Carver, but I can only imagine how long it takes to heal from something like this which makes it all the more amazing that he's home with you all so soon after surgery. I was watching football game last night of people in subzero temps and thinking of Carver and just marveling at what we (people and animals) can endure when we have to!