Sunday, January 20, 2008

330-5? until 6 a.m. sunday jan 20

carver woke me up whimpering and breathing shallowly-not too loudly, just quietly as he has been doing, but he would not settle down. I ended up taking him outside. he peed a little then came in. he still would not settle down. I was in the bathroom, at the other end of my apartment, when I heard a sound-and it was carver, who had gotten up by himself and walked all the way to the bedroom, where he usually sleeps! I ran out to grab him a dog bed. I was so excited because he has not moved that much on his own, and also because I have not slept in my own bed in a long time! It felt wonderful not to sleep alone on the couch for a few moments.carver slept for maybe an hour or so, but he began to cry again, and more steadily. he has been gassy, and I decided to take him out again, even though I am nervous about too much pressure on his surgical site. he did poop, which made it seem worth it. we are now back in the living room, carver still crying a little, but it seems different, and usually he cries a little when we get back in from a walk, I think because of the sling on the surgical site. I need to rig up a better sling tomorrow.

No comments: