Monday, January 21, 2008

technology

Dr. W called me back this evening, to answer my questions in regards to the growing redness on carver's belly. I was worried about infection, although he was not showing any other signs. I suggested I email him a photo, which I did, he called me back a half hour later, and sure enough, he thinks it just post surgical bruising. what a relief! this whole experience has given me a new appreciation for technology. It is amazing that I can take pictures of carvers amp site every day and compare them. If it were not for the Internet and the research e and i did after receiving the horrible diagnosis from the first vet, would we have even sought out a second opinion? and what would I have done (and continue to do) without the support and sound advice and helpful suggestions of the amazing folks on bonecancerdogs.org's yahoo group? I have emailed them at 3 in the a.m. when carver was crying after his surgery and received so much comfort from people all over the world who have been on this path. It looks like my days of complaining about how technology is ruining society have come to an end.

No comments: