Saturday, January 26, 2008

afternoon update

I took carver outside for a bit-he seems stiff in the hind legs a bit after yesterdays adventure. I am going to have to see it as training, like an athlete. He got ahead of me on the stairs, and I was holding his collar, and he yelped out loud-I must have hurt him, and I felt awful. nothing gets the adrenaline surging like hearing him cry. peed a more normal pee, marking his territory. Back inside he had a snack of rice , beef broth and cottage cheese, which he wolfed down. Sorting his meds, I found that he only has enough tremodol for now till monday. I called dr w-away until monday-to see if I could get a refill. they said his chart says for him to only be on the meds for 10 days, but I can call back after he is off them if he is in any pain. this coincides with me starting work full time again. I feel nervous about the whole thing-excited for him to be off one of his meds, but really not wanting him to experience any pain, especially when when I am not home. I have a few pills left from the old vet, and will lower his dose, to slowly wean him off.

No comments: