Saturday, January 26, 2008

sat am morning update

for starters, carv and I went out into the yard. he peed, pooped and ate some snow. I got to say go hello to my neighbor, and apologize for being bitchy to her friend who walked her dog in our yard yesterday and didn't pick up his poop! while I am not happy about his actions, I could have handled the whole thing a lot better. besides, we are in their yard ALL the time (there is no fence). I like my neighbor, she is super nice and has an awesome boxer named jake who carver got to say hello to, and I was worried there would be some sore feelings, but all is well. city living!

ANYWAY, back to carver update-carver took his pain meds at 9, then headed for the couch. i offered him some beef broth, as I have been obsessing over his fluid intake. he drank that up readily. then I looked at the sodium content-good lord! e is going to get us some salt free broth today at bread and circus. I put out 1/2 a can of beef wellness on top of his kibble. I have been hand feeding him while he lies down, and I decided today was the day this had to come to an end. I put the food in his bowl, which is in the living room, carver central. I showed him the food, he sniffed it with interest, then I put the bowl back in its stand. carver laid back down on the couch.

I promised e i would not spend the day on the computer doing cancer research, so I have gone into my other default mode-cleaning! there is a mountain of laundry to be done, especially all the blankets that carver has been sleeping on. this included the blanket on the couch. i nudged him off , and lo and behold, he got up and ate his breakfast!
here is a picture-


success!

carver's amp site is looking great,




and he is now resting, back on the couch.



so now the challenge is for me-what do i do all day, alone, not looking up things about bone cancer? I know I need to open up my life again.

No comments: