Friday, April 11, 2008

friday

after working at the club, and then for a dear friend, I came home to a happy leaping carver, ready for a walk. I decided to take him to the pond, after an incident this morning where he was running when we were headed in the direction of the pond, then screeched to a halt, suddenly needing many breaks, when we switched directions and were headed home. I know that carver is dealing with some pain, and that is where this new laying down thing is coming from, but I do think there is an element of stubborness that gets added to the mix and makes things more confusing. so, I thought I would see how going to the pond went. carver ran the whole way there-we made it in 15 minutes, and he was so happy. we walked in the dog bowl, up the hill, carver eating some more of that stinky fertilizer (it was at the pond too, all of jp must smell like it!) but he walked a good ways before stopping. we rested several times, and it was pleasant. he did a great job getting home, it really was an amazing, hopeful walk. I am super proud of him, and grateful to have been able to have this pond visit, to be able to get him over there. I was really afraid that our walks would be very limited, and we would not be able to do the things he loves so much.

we are sitting on the floor together carver asleep with a full belly and derramaxx, tramadol coming soon. e is bring home our favorite pizza from emmas, and we have netflix movies to watch. a cheery end to a tough week.

No comments: