Tuesday, April 1, 2008

the blood work is back

and dr. w says it looks good, all normal. I know I should feel elated, but I just don't. carver's sudden need to rest is gnawing at me. why is it happening? what is different? we walked up to cvs to pick up his tramadol prescription-what used to be a half hour walk, and would recently be a 45 minute walk took us over an hour. carver lied down a couple of times, wanting a rest-this after not walking at all this morning. he is still eating well, digestion is great, still jumps up to beg for pizza crust, still has a sparkle in his eye. he jumped up to greet me this afternoon and was happy to go outside. he did want to goto the pond today, but I was home late and did not want to go on such a big adventure in the rain. I will bring a book & some water tomorrow and try the pond and see how he does. I think this is going to take some getting used to on my end-it is a scary feeling to have a big old dog far away from home who has chosen to lay down in someone's yard. e points out that she thinks I am having a hard time with the whole roller coaster ride, and she is right. it has been an exhausting week, emotionally. I need to just adapt, once again.

so, here are the facts
declined am walk, small pee
tramadol at 7 am
1/2 can wellness venison w/ kibble
walk to cvs & back in pm, around 5-3 rest stops
derramax at 6pm
1/2 can wellness venison
cookie
tramadol at 9 pm

No comments: