Tuesday, June 17, 2008

happy 5 month anniversary carver!

today marks 5 months since carver's amputation surgery. 5 months! and here we are on a lazy cloudy afternoon, cuddled up on the couch. carver has been doing well, congested but happy. I found out that congestion is not a sign of lung mets, so I feel a little more at ease. carver does have a bump that is boney feeling on his rib that I am worried about, but have been pushing out if my mind, wanting to focus on NOW-5 months! 4 1/2 more months then we were first given! 1 month more than the statistics! I try to not worry all the time, and sometimes I succeed, although I wonder if it is really "stuffing away" rather than "not worrying". I awoke from a dream last night that a vet had moved into our triple decker, and i asked him if, when the time came, he could help carver over to the other side, here at home. I woke to carver panting, needing to go outside. I did not remember the dream until later on this afternoon while I was at work, and it came as a shock. I guess a part of me is always anticipating the end, although i am glad that the other parts are more focused on celebrating, especially on an auspicious day like today.

No comments: