Thursday, May 1, 2008

a short walk today

carver seemed to be in some pain today, which made sense. he was sick last night, wanting to throw up, and finally had diarrhea instead. I ended up not feeding him this morning, in case his stomach was still unsettled-I cannot sit with the idea of him home needing to go out with no one to help him-anyway, no breakfast meant no derramaxx, and he was feeling it this afternoon. we made it over to the field where the ice skating rink used to be and back, with LOTS of rests. instead of walking we hung out on the front porch-e had decorated the porch with new chairs, an amazing rocker and a beautiful flowered table cloth that looks like it is from the 50's for my birthday. I planted the pansies I bought last weekend (that I almost killed) while carver relaxed on his sheep skin. it was wonderful just to be outside with him. it made me excited to go buy a new rake to clean the yard this weekend-another outside activity I can do with c. again, it is nice to find new options when the old ones are not working any more.

No comments: